The Musicians Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How do you musicians, feel about your music?

Go down

How do you musicians, feel about your music? Empty How do you musicians, feel about your music?

Post by Denny Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:27 pm

As someone whom has been expressing and sharing music for well over 50 years I have decided, thanks to my friend Dennis and this platform, to share my overall impression of the true power and influence that music has on the human condition.

We all know that music in one form or other is enjoyed by almost everyone on the planet. It shapes and changes our emotions in ways that are mostly positive in our lives. Music has the power to transcend boundaries and barriers which brings us together as human beings.

Those of us whom have been seduced by the muse are either blessed or cursed by the desire to learn, create and express this art form for ourselves and others. As I see it from a musician’s point of view one of the most important powers that music displays is bringing singers and musicians together to paint a picture much larger than the sum of it’s parts. Individual creators and performers are just as magical.

Folks in the music business run the gamut of human emotional behavior. We are egotistical, temperamental, assertive, shy, prone to altered states of consciousness and need love too. Kind of like everybody else! The bottom line is that we musicians are part of a very big family. We don’t always get along or stay in touch but eventually we come full circle back to the 1 count. For us, as the saying goes, “it’s not a job it’s a lifetime adventure”. Love y’all.

Gary Hille, percussionist

Denny

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum